Rules may be changed / amended by Berlin Raceway, when deemed necessary.
Items in RED; added or changed by Berlin
Car Section 1
Engine Section 2
Race Rules Section 3
Driver Personal Safety Section 4
Body Drawling’s / Specs Section 5
Race Procedure Section 6
Section 1 – Car
• Wheelbase 45” – 49”. Maximum width of the outside of the tire is 45”. There are to be no roofs, sail panels. A maximum of a 3 inch spoiler will be allowed. Spoiler side’s maximum height will be 3 inches from deck and 5 inches long.
• All karts must be constructed of steel tubing with a complete 6-point roll cage including adequate side protection. Cages must be a minimum of .065 x 1” steel tubing welded to the frame.
• The engine must be located behind the driver’s seat. No part of the engine can be located beside the seat.
• Floor pans are required to be made of steel or minimum .040” aluminum. The floor pans are to be securely bolted or riveted to the frame. The length of the floor pan must go from the center of the seat to the front of the frame going past the driver’s pedals. • All karts must have a fully wedge Late Model appearing body. No open fenders will be allowed. There must be at least 4” of body behind the rear wheels. There will be no covered or enclosed motors all motors will remain completely visible at all times. See Body Drawings for more information.
• Tires must be a Hoosier (15600 "11 inches tall" or 15500 "10-1/2 inch tall") FK Compound. No grooving or sipping of the tires. No treating or soaking of tires. Tires must durometer 50, any tire that durometer is 48 or less will be deemed has treated and will result in a 12-month suspension.
• Rim width cannot be any wider than 6-1/2” wide and must be at least 6” Tall.
• Axle must be a Steel Axle and a minimum of 3/16" Wall Thickness Max Length of 38”. • No suspension will be allowed. This includes springs, shocks, rubbers, torsion bars and any other type of dampening devise.
• Rear deck height cannot exceed a maximum of 27.5” from the ground and a minimum of 22” high from the ground.
• Rear quarter panel cannot exceed a maximum of 24” and a minimum of 20”.
• Body must be constructed of .040” aluminum. Plastic may be used for nose, fenders and trim. • Kart must weigh no less than 335 lbs. with driver after the race. When tracks split the class by age they must split it by 6-9 and 10-14 years old. The 10-14 year old kids must weigh in no less than 375 lbs. with driver after the race. (MWA Tracks can choose to weigh in before or after the race. All lead must be securely bolt/clamped to frame, not body or floor pan.
• We highly encourage the doors and quarter panels to be wider than the tires with at the bottom of the doors and quarters to help prevent “Wheel Hop”.
• At least one vertical D door bar must be welded on each side of the driver running from the main rail to side crash bars for driver protection. See rear side view drawing for more details.
• Front and rear bumpers must be mounted at all times. Front and rear bumpers must have at least a 6" tall hoop.
• Front and rear down tubes are mandatory for driver’s protection.
• All tubing on main roll cage must be at least .065” wall tubing.
• Driver’s seat must be mounted in four locations (4-Bolts)Two door numbers must be present with a minimum of 12”.
• Must at all times have two return springs.
• Kill switch must be mounted on the deck visible to officials.
• Any weight mounted on the kart must be painted white with the driver's name and number on the weight. Weight must be mounted by at least a ½” bolt. Any weight lost during an event will result of a two-week suspension.
• 5-Point harness system is mandatory. All harness must have an SFI Rated patch.
• All karts must have two triangle type side window nets attached to the roll bar one on each side of the driver. If you run the Full Containment seat you are not required to run a window net but are still Highly Recommended.
Section 2 – Engine
· MWA 6.5 HP (212cc) OHV Predator Engine that’s sealed with the MWA marks and serial number will be allowed.
· 6.5 HP (212cc) OHV Predator Engine stock
· Engine must remain stock.
Fuel allowed is regular gasoline NO Alcohol will be allowed
You cannot alter the exhaust in any way. Cover can be altered to fit the chain guard if needed no taking out the spark resistor for the exhaust.
You can change the spark plug.
You can disconnect the low oil sensor.
You can run an ARC Air Cleaner
NO RACING carburetor
Carburetors must remain stock with no alterations.
· Noram “Magnum” Premier clutch will not be allowed in 2020
· Tomar 2-Disc clutch will not be allowed in 2020.
· MAX-Torque clutch is the only one allowed in 2020.
· You can run 12, 13 or 14 tooth Clutches. (This is to help decrease our rear axle gear for more ground clearance.)
-There will be no driver initiated impound in 2020. However Berlin reserves the right to
. At any point in time on race day if a cart is deemed to have illegal parts or components an official can impound those parts. They will be inspected and if they are determined to be illegal, penalties will be issued to those teams. If a team does not comply with the impound they will automatically be disqualified from the event and potential the next and the compontents will not be returned.
· The mission is to provide children a safe and competitive series to teach them the fundamentals, sportsmanship and completeness needed to grow into the sport as a young adult.
Section 3 – Race Rules
· All drivers must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Unless you are appointed his / her legal guardian, by law, you cannot sign a release form for them. Therefore they cannot race. Any exception to this rule cannot be made by an MWA official and must be brought before the track’s management or track’s insurance carrier for a decision.
· All cars will be lined up according to their pill draw. Failure to draw a pill before the lineup is turned into track officials. This will result in the driver starting at the tail of the heat.
· Arguing about scoring or judgment calls will not be tolerated. Confrontations/arguments with MWA Officials, track officials or another parent can result in a minimal suspension of 2-weeks from all MWA sanctioned tracks.
· The scoring tower is off limits to drivers and anyone who is not a track staff member.
· Any parent, driver, or member of any team involved in any type of confrontation with anyone at the track will result in a suspension of driver and parent or legal guardian for at least two weeks from all MWA events.
· Age limit is 6-14 years of age. You must provide a copy of your birth certificate before your membership can be provided.
· There will be NO WARNINGS given out for bad behavior such as; No throwing a fit on the racetrack or pit area NO jumping on the track officials, MWA officials, scorers, flagman or track owner. No going to another pit to argue this includes driver, crew and anyone with a Mini Wedge.
Section 4 – Driver Personal Safety
· All drivers must wear an approved SFI – 1 certified or SFI13 – 2A/1 Fire Suit. SFI certification patch shall be required on fire suit.
· A Full Face helmet will be mandatory at all tracks and all MWA events.
· All drivers must wear a neck brace.
· All drivers must wear arm restraints.
· All drivers must wear a closed toe shoe.
· Fireproof gloves are mandatory at all MWA events.
Section 5 – Body Drawing and Specs
Section 6 – Race Procedure
· Cautions will be thrown when a driver spins out and is stopped on the track.
· Caution will be thrown when a driver drives off the track and is stuck.
· The caution car (judgment call) will be put to the tail.
· Two cautions and the driver will be black flagged for that event.
· The black flag will be thrown when a driver is driving rough; this is a judgment call and cannot be argued.
· The class will be split into two classes. 6 – 9 Year old and 10 – 14 Year old
· Race transponders will be mandatory.
· Feature redraw will be set by track.
· Top 3 will receive a trophy at the end of the night in each class.
· Top 3 must report to the tech area.