Interships are available for the 2014 racing season in various different capacities.
TICKET OPERATIONS/GROUP SALES INTERN (2)
Start Date: February 10, 2014
Internship Summary: To learn all aspects of the Group and Ticket Sales operation of Berlin Raceway. Intern will also gain knowledge in most other departments while working under the supervision of the internship supervisors or departmental managers.
- To learn all aspects of the Group and Ticket Sales operations including the importance to the success of the organization and the organizational systems necessary to successfully track and fulfill orders.
- To enhance knowledge in customer service and fan interaction by handling individual ticket orders via phone and walk-up sales during the day.
- Fulfilling the daily operational needs of the ticketing department.
- Making outbound sales calls to dormant customers and prospecting new clients.
- To learn about fan/client relationships by working ticket windows, customer service, or helping out with appearances in the community.
- To learn how to effectively run a box office for an event from start to finish.
- To learn about the outcomes of the Group Sales initiatives by sending and analyzing client satisfaction surveys.
- To learn and understand the race day organization involved in the success of a Berlin Raceway event by assisting other departments to get the facility ready.
- To gain an understanding of the seasonal nature of short track racing by working with other departments to prepare the facility for the season and during the post season shut down.
Qualifications: Berlin Raceway is looking for a highly motivated and hardworking individual who is seeking to gain the necessary experience and skill set needed to become a ticket sales professional. This intern will be assigned duties and responsibilities directly related to those of our ticket sales account executives, assisting the department in its efforts to sell full season tickets, parties, and group tickets. We are looking for a team player interested in learning about all aspects of tickets sales in the sports business. Interested students should be outgoing, tactful, courteous and friendly, with excellent communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, a good attitude, willingness to learn and willingness to work long hours, weekends, and holidays as needed to get the job done is also very important. Successful applicants will also have a strong work ethic and be able to handle multiple interruptions and distractions. Candidates should be proficient with common office technology.
Benefits: Compensation, incentives, and commission
Supervisor: Lisa Walker
General Internship Information: In addition to the summaries above, all interns may be asked to assist with various aspects of operating our stadium such as receiving shipments, inventory, facility events (concerts, trade shows, private parties, etc.), and phone coverage. All interns should be highly motivated, interested in the sports industry, possess excellent inter-personal skills, a good attitude, willingness to learn and willingness to work long hours and weekends. Internships end September 30.
Compensation and Benefits
All interns will receive compensation and will be offered incentives and/or commission based on performance. Benefits (insurance, vacation, etc.) are not included.
Interns must be available to participate full-time, including evenings, weekends and holidays. On non-event days the day generally is 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (plus possible evenings, weekends and holiday for driver/mascot appearances, facility events and other special circumstances). On event days, the day generally begins at 1:00 p.m. and ends after the event (sometimes as late as or later than 11 p.m.).
How and When To Apply
If you are interested in an internship with Berlin Raceway, please send a resume and cover letter to the attention of the supervisor of the position, Berlin Raceway, P.O. Box 1198, Holland, MI 49422, or email your information to email@example.com. Closing date for receiving resumes is February 28, 2012 (some internships are expected to start earlier as noted above).
Berlin Raceway is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Want to work in the fast paced sport of auto racing? Looking for extra money from a seasonal one day a week job? Look no further than Berlin Raceway. We are now hiring for several different positions within our organization!
Berlin Raceway is now hiring for the following positions:
-Safety & Security (must be CPR & first aid certified)
-Ticket Office / Ticket Takers
-Bar liquor & beer sales (must be 18+)
Please submit an application by downloading it (here)
and either fax (616.677.0122) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for a position please make sure the application is filled out fully and legible.
All positions vary in pay depending on experience and qualifications. If you have any questions about employment please email email@example.com
Those employees who worked last year and are interested in returning should re-apply making note of your experience.