2013 Berlin Raceway 4-Cylinder Rules
***UPDATES WILL BE HIGHLIGHTED IN RED***
1. Any American made(GM ,Ford ,Chrysler Product and or Honda and Toyota) Four Cylinder Front or Rear wheel drive cars, except the following: No Convertibles, Camaros, Vans, No Two Seat Coupes, No Turbo or Super Charged Engines, No Multi Carburetors, No Rotary Engines, No V-Tech Engines, No Mid or Rear Engine Cars, No all wheel drive and No Cosworth Engines.Factory Stock Fuel injection only.
2. Wheelbase must be stock/original dimensions 1/4” tolerance (hence no dog tracking)
3. Complete stock body - front to rear, including stock frame, stock suspension, stock front & rear firewalls, etc. No aftermarket springs or shocks. All trunks & hoods will have working stock hinges. Hoods & trunks must be secured with hood pins only - remove all factory hood & trunk latches. Bumpers should be chained or strapped to frame. All holes in firewalls or floor must be covered with metal. Steering and suspension must be stock - no modifications. Caster or camber is allowed on right front only. Shock towers must not be altered. No locked, welded or posi-front differentials.
4. Pedals must be stock. No Mirrors. All cars must start with a key, or use a push button/toggle switch. The vinyl cover on the dash may be removed.
5. All glass except for the windshield must be removed. Lexan windshield is OK. All loose glass must be vacuumed out of the car. Wheel weights allowed on inside only; must be securely fastened, taped and glued.
6. All insulation and upholstery under the hood, on the floor, and in the interior of the car must be removed. All headlights, taillights, loose chrome, etc. must be removed from the car.
7. Stock air cleaners only.
8. Stock transmission for that make & model car.
9. Battery may be relocated, strapped securely, and covered.
10. Stock exhaust system with muffler, exiting behind the driver's seat. Drivers MUST run exhaust size no larger than 1-1/2'', and a minimum of 36'' in length.
11. No antifreeze may be used.
12. Gas tank - If the stock gas tank is located ahead of the rear axle, it may remain in place. Any tank behind the rear end must be replaced & relocated in the trunk. Use a small fuel cell (8 gal or smaller) or a boat gas tank. Fuel cell or boat gas tank will be mounted in the farthest forward area of the trunk, securely fastened with at least 4 straps. Rear firewall must be enclosed if the gas tank is placed in the trunk.
13. Tires & wheels - Stock wheels for that make & model car. Right Front Safety wheel mandatory – Right Rear suggested. All wheels will be a maximum of 15’ x 7” wide. All Tires and Wheels will be the same size and profile on all 4 corners.
1. Offset Safety Wheels may only be run on Right Side, Left Side Must be Stock (no offset).
2. Soaking of tires is not allowed. If you are caught, it will result in an 8-race suspension.
3. Hoosier Racing Tire allowed on the Right Sides only, but NOT required. May purchase 1 every other week, and be purchased from track, 14'', and 15'' only (exception may purchase 2 the first night).
4. The Hoosier tire for 2013 is the 850.
5. Minimum tire pressure of 25 pounds for each tire.
14. Dash bar is required; no off-set roll cages.
15. Bar to support radiator allowed.
16. Front hoops allowed. May not remove any stock frame. May not hang suspension parts from hoop.
17. Front shock towers must be supported from the tower to the roll cage using a minimum of 1 ½ inch .083 tubing.
18. Safety Requirements - Please refer to Berlin Raceway General Racing Rules, Section 8 (Safety). All general safety rules apply to 4-cylinder division.
A. Full cage required: four post from inner rocker to inner rocker. Full halo overhead required. Minimum four door bars on left side and two on right side. Plating over left side door bard required - 1/8" minimum steel. Bottom of the roll cage must be boxed (connect the four corners of the cage).
B . No removing of any interior metal inner body panels, except for clearance for driver's side door bars. This will be enforced.
C. A racing seat, mounted to the roll cage, is mandatory.
D. Lead may be added to the cars to center/right side of car only. Diagram for right side weight location.
19. Rear Bars - We are allowing the placement of two rear bars, solely for the purpose of safety. Maximum of any tubing size will be 1 3/4" round, there will be no 3" or 4" channel. The rear bars may extend rear-ward from the top of the cage behind the driver, angling down towards the rear of the trunk area. We suggest having a piece of tubing welded flat on the trunk floor, back near the kick-up of the very rear of the trunk area. This is the material that your two rear bars will attach to. No bars of any kind will extend out through the rear of your trunk area; any bars out past this point will need to be cut out before racing. You may have one "X" in between your two diagonal bars or you may have one horizontal bar going between your two bars; nothing more than that.
20. Motor & Computer Claim Rule: Berlin Raceway and drivers reserve the right to claim any 4-Cylinder motor and computer for $800. Claim must be made on race night. Refusal to accept claim will result in all points and monies to be forfeited, and car and driver will not be allowed to compete for eight consecutive races. Penalty can carry over to next season. This rule exists to ensure that car costs continue to stay affordable.
21. Right Front Safety wheel mandatory – Right Rear suggested.
22. Only Rights Side wheels may be cambered. Right rear is a max ½”. Adding camber to your left side wheels is NOT allowed.
23. Quick release steering allowed.
24. Car ride height must be minimum 7” without driver at LOWEST point. THIS WILL BE ENFORCED ON A WEEKLY BASIS.
25. Head rests mandatory.
26. Nose and tail piece must match original make of vehicle.
27. Raceceivers are mandatory.
28. Round roll bars are mandatory.
29. Roll bar padding mandatory in driver compartment.
30. Minimum weight is 2400lbs for all cars.
31. Any weight that needs to be added must be added to the center or right side of car with a minimum of two ½ inch bolts. No car can have more than 54% left side weight, with no added weight allowed.
32. Remember this is a budget / entry level class. Extra weight may be added at tech director's discretion at any time to level the playing field as needed
33. Stock shocks only and 1 per wheel
34. Suspension limiters not allowed. (Bump stops, chains, etc..) Spring rubbers are allowed in springs
35. Skid plate under gas tank Mandatory
FINAL NOTE: Please read all the rules and build your car accordingly. There will be NO fix it next week. You will fix it at the track or a minimum of 100 pounds will be added. The decisions of the officials will be final.